The President His Excellency William Ruto unveiled his Cabinet and it was observed that most of the cabinet secretaries are his loyalties who stood with him all along since campaign to winning the general elections. He introduced a new office of the Chief Minister and appointed Musalia Mudavadi as the chair of the office.
The President clearly stated the roles of the Deputy President and differentiated it with that of the Chief Minister following claims that their roles at some point overlap.
The roles of the chief minister include:
· Assisting the President and deputy President in supervision
· Overseeing implementation of policies and programs
· Chair and coordinate government legislative agenda.
· Facilitate inter-ministerial coordination
· Coordinate, supervise, and evaluate govt programs
· Perform any other function assigned by the President.
The roless of the deputy president on the other side include:
· Deputize for the president in the execution of the President functions
· Chair cabinet committees
· Oversee implementation of cabinet decisions across ministries
· Coordinate intergovernmental roles and chair Intergovernmental Budget and Economic Council
· Coordinate implementation of development partner funded programs and projects
· Oversee public sector reforms and any other function as may be assigned by the president.
The functions or roles of the two offices will be clearly defined during the execution of the functions and so Kenyans should just be patient.
Story by Calvin Angatia